The range will be closed Tuesday July 17th from 6-8 PM, Thursday July 19th from 6-8 PM, and Saturday July 21st from 9AM- 3 PM. The Columbia County Sportsmen’s Youth Program will be using our facility for their small bore rifle class. Please note these times and make arrangements please.
Range will be closed Sat July 14th from 9-11 AM and Sunday July 15th from 9-11 AM due to the 4-H shooting program using our range. Please be aware and make arrangements if using the range this weekend.
Please pardon our appearance while we are under construction. The kitchen renovation has begun and will be ongoing for a few weeks.
Ham/Turkey shoot dates are Sunday April 8th and Sunday May 6th. Both shoots start at 10 AM.
Immediately following the May 6th shoot we will draw the winners of our spring raffle. Hope to see you there. No Hogs or turkeys will be harmed at this event, they’re a frozen prize !
Competitions held using .12g and .20g birdshot, slugs, center fire rifle, .22cal rim fire pistol, and .22cal rim fire rifle. Entry is $3. Frozen Hams, Turkeys, and Pork Loins awarded as first prize. Second prize is Kielbasa .
There are also prize tables filled with sports related gear to choose from as well as raffles. We supply .12g, .20g, and .22cal ammo. You must bring your own slugs and center fire ammo. For more info call Scott at 845-758-4300 ( day ) or Joe 518-537-3997
We will be holding a hunter safety course on Sat April 14th. This is the course needed in order to get a hunting license. For info and registration call Tom at 518-772-2173 or visit the NYS DEC website to register. http://www.dec.ny.gov/
The Kalicoontie Rod & Gun Club will be holding it’s annual FREE game dinner Saturday February 17th. Starts at 5pm with dinner at 6pm. As usual, bring your favorite dish, side, or dessert to share with others. Loads of fun and excitement and a great way to get out and fight the wintertime blues/cabin fever. Awards given out to our sportsmen contest winners. Raffles and door prizes. See you there. Call Scott 845-758-4300 (day) or Joe 518-537-3997 for info
During November the Kalicoontie monthly meeting is held on the second Tuesday of the month instead of the first because of elections. Please note this.
Kalicoontie will have a limited amount of spots so reserve now. Go to NRA website to register. nrainstuctors.org Search find course. Search Defensive pistol This should pop up.
PAUL ZUCKERMAN will be teaching the course
NRA Defensive Pistol
Class Date/Time: Saturday, November 4, 2017 8:00 AM
Class End Date/Time: Saturday, November 4, 2017 5:00 PM
Register By: Sunday, October 29, 2017
Initial Deposit: $45.00
Kalicoontie Rod & Gun Club
333 Schneider Road
Husdon, NY 12534
Some additional info;
NRA – Defensive Pistol
· The NRA’s guidelines for this course allow the use of any type of revolver or semi-automatic. However, I recommend that you use a center fire semi-automatic, 9 mm caliber or greater, or a center fire double action revolver. 38sp caliber or greater.
· A single-action semi-automatic, such as a variant of the M1911 or Browning High Power, carried with the hammer back, safety on, and a round in the chamber is best suited to someone who is extremely experienced with this type of handgun. (Allowed by NRA rules, but not recommended by me.)
· Single-action revolver not permitted.
· The shooting exercises call for approximately 135 rounds, but only hits count.
· Expect to fire between 200 and 250.
· Factory ammunition only, please.
Magazines or Speed Loaders
· Most of the shooting exercises require you to reload at least once.
· Bring two or three magazines or speed loaders.
Holster or holster purse
· Strong-side concealment-style hip (belt) with an appropriate belt or in-the pants holster.
· Competition holsters not permitted.
· Holsters with or without safety straps are permitted.
· Holsters without safety straps must be capable of holding the handgun securely during movements that occur during the range exercises.
· Holsters must prevent the trigger finger from entering the trigger guard.
· High-quality leather or synthetic holsters molded to the exact gun shape recommended.
· Most of the shooting exercises start with a loaded handgun in a holster under a concealment garment.
· Bring a garment you can be sweep aside. Typically, this is a jacket or vest open in front. Pull-up cover garments not permitted.
Ear protection [preferably electronic), eye protection, and a “baseball style” cap.
Bring lunch and snacks. The clubhouse has a kitchen with a microwave stove and refrigerator.)