KALICOONTIE WINNERS !
During November the Kalicoontie monthly meeting is held on the second Tuesday of the month instead of the first because of elections. Please note this.
Kalicoontie will have a limited amount of spots so reserve now. Go to NRA website to register. nrainstuctors.org Search find course. Search Defensive pistol This should pop up.
PAUL ZUCKERMAN will be teaching the course
NRA Defensive Pistol
Class Date/Time: Saturday, November 4, 2017 8:00 AM
Class End Date/Time: Saturday, November 4, 2017 5:00 PM
Register By: Sunday, October 29, 2017
Initial Deposit: $45.00
Kalicoontie Rod & Gun Club
333 Schneider Road
Husdon, NY 12534
Some additional info;
NRA – Defensive Pistol
· The NRA’s guidelines for this course allow the use of any type of revolver or semi-automatic. However, I recommend that you use a center fire semi-automatic, 9 mm caliber or greater, or a center fire double action revolver. 38sp caliber or greater.
· A single-action semi-automatic, such as a variant of the M1911 or Browning High Power, carried with the hammer back, safety on, and a round in the chamber is best suited to someone who is extremely experienced with this type of handgun. (Allowed by NRA rules, but not recommended by me.)
· Single-action revolver not permitted.
· The shooting exercises call for approximately 135 rounds, but only hits count.
· Expect to fire between 200 and 250.
· Factory ammunition only, please.
Magazines or Speed Loaders
· Most of the shooting exercises require you to reload at least once.
· Bring two or three magazines or speed loaders.
Holster or holster purse
· Strong-side concealment-style hip (belt) with an appropriate belt or in-the pants holster.
· Competition holsters not permitted.
· Holsters with or without safety straps are permitted.
· Holsters without safety straps must be capable of holding the handgun securely during movements that occur during the range exercises.
· Holsters must prevent the trigger finger from entering the trigger guard.
· High-quality leather or synthetic holsters molded to the exact gun shape recommended.
· Most of the shooting exercises start with a loaded handgun in a holster under a concealment garment.
· Bring a garment you can be sweep aside. Typically, this is a jacket or vest open in front. Pull-up cover garments not permitted.
Ear protection [preferably electronic), eye protection, and a “baseball style” cap.
Bring lunch and snacks. The clubhouse has a kitchen with a microwave stove and refrigerator.)
Turkey shoot dates are Sunday October 8th and Sunday November 5th. Both shoots start at 10 AM.
Immediately following the November 5th shoot we will draw the winners of our fall raffle. Hope to see you there. No turkeys will be harmed at this event, they’re a frozen prize !
Competitions held using .12g and .20g birdshot, slugs, center fire rifle, .22cal rim fire pistol, and .22cal rim fire rifle. Entry is $3. Frozen Hams, Turkeys, and Pork Loins awarded as first prize. Second prize is Kielbasa .
There are also prize tables filled with sports related gear to choose from as well as raffles. We supply .12g, .20g, and .22cal ammo. You must bring your own slugs and center fire ammo. For more info call Scott at 845-758-4300 ( day ) or Joe 518-537-3997
Kalicoontie will be hosting a Hunter Safety Class on Sat September 30th at 9 AM.
Please visit nysdec.org to register. The first half of the course is done online at home before the classroom part so please follow directions.
For more info please call Tom at 518-772-2173
Adopt a Highway clean-up this Sunday 8am. Meet at club . Call Dave for info 845-416-0987
Work party at the club Sunday July 30th from 10am-2pm. Siding, Painting, Weed whacking, etc…
Call Joe 518-537-3997 or Scott 845-757-2552 for more info.
Work party this Sunday 10AM !
Vinyl siding, painting, tree trimming, weed wacking, etc…
10 AM – 2 PM All invited. Call Joe 518-537-3997 or Scott 845-757-2552 for more info.
Otherwise see you there.
The range will be closed these following times.
Tuesday July 18th from 6-8pm, Thursday July 20th from 6-8pm, and Saturday July 22nd from 8am-3pm.
We are hosting a small bore rifle class for the Columbia County Sportsmen’s Youth Program. They have again asked to use our facility for this class and we are proud to do so. Please take note and make arrangements on using other timeslots if you planned on using the range at those times. Thank You.